Wind energy converters are being subject to recurrent test cycles in order to detect damages at an early stage and thus to guarantee their safe operation. The inspection intervals and the scope of inspection result from the specifications of the respective individual and type testing, the regulations of the official authorisation, the requirements related to financial and insurance issues. Extended test methods permit more detailed statements concerning the condition of single main components.
Commissioning inspections, end of warranty inspections, court appraisals respectively the subject the topic continued operation can be at the heart of these examinations. We dispose of the right resources to meet all requirements.
For the inspections, our eight experts at different locations are at your disposal. Through our network consisting of five offices, we dispose of 21 experts which are located throughout Germany.
In addition to operators, our customers are authorities, manufacturers of wind energy converters, insurers, financing banks as well as courts.
Depending on requirements, our inspections are carried out according to the following regulations:
- Principles for the “Recurring Periodic Inspection of Wind Turbine Generator Systems of BWE e. V. (German Wind Energy Association)
- Principles for the “Condition oriented inspection of Wind Turbine Generator Systems of BWE e. V. (German Wind Energy Association)
- Guideline for wind energy converters – impacts and verifications of stability of tower and foundation”, German Institute for Structural Engineering (DIBt)
- DIN EN 61400 “Wind Energy Converters”
- DIN EN 50308 „Wind Energy Converters, protective measures, requirements for design, operation and maintenance
- Type testing and related expert opinions regarding safety devices, rotor blades, machinery components, operating instructions, etc.
- Turbine specification, maintenance manual, on-site documentation of WEC
- Ground assessment
- Turbulence report (for the commissioning inspections and the continued operation after 20 years)
- Inspection reports of previous inspections for compliance check of the requirements, log book, etc.
- Principles for the implementation of an Evaluation and Assessment with Regard to the Extended Operation of Wind Energy Plants of BWE e. V. (German Wind Energy Association)
- Principles for the DNV GL guideline “Lifetime extension of wind turbines“, Germanischer Lloyd
- Regulations of the German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV)
- Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health (BetrSichV)
- Ordinance on workplaces (ArbStättV)